Collaboration: Team Design
3. Align people to strategy
The most frequent disconnect that we find within organizational and project designs is the misalignment between people and strategy.
Certainly teams can be working on the wrong strategies. Even when they are working on the right strategies:
- the organizational design and defined roles can be inappropriate for the strategic requirements and resources needed for success, or
- peoples' talents can be underutilized or misaligned to the roles that are ideally suited to them.
People are the energy behind any strategic success. The first step is understanding the context and the organizational design needed to mobilize the organization's growth model and specific strategic framework.
Then, a defined organizational structure and specific role requirements and measurable expectations for each position must be clearly communicated to team members.
As that context is completed, the real work is understanding your people. This requires utilizing assessments and understanding the three parts of the mind and how people generally operate. Then, you must take time and effort to know your people, align them to the best positions, and consistently give them feedback about their performance.
Insight has developed these processes for talent attraction, selection and retention along with the BLOOM feedback and development system, an online performance management system, that supports communication about strategic direction, role requirements, individual goals, performance dialogues, training and development.
Our Collaboration Services
- Department / sector goal alignment to the strategic growth plan
- Organization / community design planning
- Public-private partnerships
- Task analysis and role definition with KPIs
- Wage analysis
- HR management system development
- Due diligence analysis
- Kolbe Leadership Analytics™
- Team assessments
- Team / board building and engagement activities
- Individual development plans
- Training and development plans
- Kolbe Commitment Clarifier™
- Stress, fit and productivity analysis
- BLOOM feedback and development system
- Performance dialogues, 360 evaluations for alignment analysis
TALENT ATTRACTION AND RETENTION
Insight's 4 Essential Elements for Growth